If you have a friend that enjoys tea, this is a fun and easy gift to assemble:
- a pair of tea cups with saucers
- (these are prolific at thrift stores, and usually fairly inexpensive - the saucers are optional)
a small basket (big enough for the two tea cups)
2-3 tea bags per cup
- (you don't have to include the entire box of tea)
Tea Bag envelopes [courtesy of Marilyn Scott Waters
Demerara (raw sugar) cubes or Honey sticks
Cellophane (not plastic wrap)
Tea Biscuits (recipe follows)
raffia or ribbon
- print the Tea Bag envelopes, cut them out and assemble
- insert tea bags into envelopes & place in tea cups
- assemble everything in the basket
- place basket on unrolled cellophane
- cut a piece of cellophane large enough to gather around the basket
- tie raffia or ribbon around the top of the cellophane.
note: if you like you can assemble ingredients into the tea cups and wrap them with cellophane (& do without the basket)
TEA BISCUIT RECIPE
- Preheat oven to 375º
- Sift the first 4 ingredients together onto a piece of wax paper.
- Make a well in the center with walls high enough to contain the liquid ingredients;
- add eggs, oil, vanilla, and orange juice.
- Knead dough very lightly for a few seconds on a lightly floured board.
- Pat the dough gently and cut the dough with a floured cutter.
- Place biscuits on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375º F for 15-20 minutes. The tea biscuits should rise and be lightly brown in color.
- When done, and still warm, sprinkle tops with sugar.
- 4 c. flour
3/4 c. sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 c. oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 c. orange juice
1/4 lb. butter, softened
Recipe Source: Cooks.com
|Gifts in a Jar: Cocoas, Cappuccinos, Coffees & Teas|
|This book is filled with recipes to make your own gifts. Each mix fits into a quart jar. The book even includes tags complete with recipient directions with each recipe. Just cut it out, personalize and attach to the jar. Fun to make and affordable, gifts in a jar make great gifts for neighbors, teachers and friends!|
$9.00 | Buy Now