Spoon (to hollow out Gourd)
1 1/2" diam. drill bit (for entrance)
Drill bit matching the diameter of your perch
smaller drill bit (for hanging hole)
small twig or branch for perch (optional)
Twine, leather, or wire (for hanging)
No VOC paint
- Using your 1 1/2" dril bit, drill a hole in the middle of your gourd.
- using your spoon or other tool, scoop out the gourd interior. (you can skip this step by purchasing a ready-made Gourd from your craft store)
- allow to dry
- measure the diameter of your perch material, using the same/similar diameter drill bit, drill a hole one inch below your entry hole.
- with the smallest drill bit, drill a hole in the top 1/2" on the gourd. This will be for your hanging wire.
- If you so choose, paint your gourd (exterior only), and allow to dry
- once dry, glue your perch into it's hole.
- thread your wire (or other material) through the top holes
Resource: Two Straight Lines