- Mini Terra cotta pots (or tin cans)
Chalkboard paint (optional)
mini plastic bags (to contain the potting soil)
Kraft paper coin envelopes (you can find these at the office supply store)
Craft box or other container (tins, baskets, small wooden crates also work well)
Assorted rubber stamps, paints, etc.
- Paint the pots if you like or you can take a permanent marker and write the name of the herb around the rim.
- Fill mini plastic, or clear candy bags with enough potting soil to fill each of the pots in the kit.
- Decorate coin envelopes, fill with seeds, seal, then label.
- tip: use mini return address labels, printed with name of herb in packet, to seal envelope.
- place ingredients into a decorated box. Old tins, recycled boxes, even old lunch boxes, would also make nice containers for the mini garden
If you want to give a starter plant, instead of dirt and seeds, here are some other presentation options. You are not limited to clay pots. Just about any container will work, from tea cups to cleaned out tin cans.
Want to learn more about cooking with herbs?