Here's a fun (and practical) gift for cooks, bakers, new home owners (or apartment dwellers). These cute tea towels are designed using Sharpie markers! You can use the templates provided here or create your own designs.
- Tea Towels or Flour Sack Towels
- Sharpie marker
- A way to print on paper for tracing
- Arrow Printable [Downloadable PDF]
- Kitchen Printable [Downloadable PDF]
- Download and print the design templates on card stock (regular paper will work too, but card stock provides a sturdier template for tracing).
- Wash and Dry your Tea Towels before writing on them with the sharpie. Iron the tea towels first so you don't have to worry about wrinkles.
- Place your Printable under your tea towel and line it up where you want it. You should be able to see it through the cloth.
- Using your Sharpie trace the arrows or words until you are done. Be careful not to smudge the sharpie before it has a chance to dry.
- Let dry for a couple of hours, then iron the towels again to heat set the sharpie. You can also throw the towels in the dryer for 10-20 minutes.
You can also use this idea to draw designs on plain white aprons or cloth napkins.