I know felted soap may sound a bit odd, but it's the perfect soap & scrubby delivery method. With 10 minutes, some wool roving (from the craft store), a bar of soap, and hot water you can transform a plain ol' bar of soap into something gift-worthy.
- A bar of soap
- Different colored wool roving (from the craft store)
- A basin of hot water
- Pull and flatten two sheets of wool roving into rectangles large enough to wrap around the bar of soap.
- Lay the rectangles so they are perpendicular, making a "plus" sign.
- Place your soap on top of the rectangles and wrap the roving around the soap so all edges are covered.
- Hold the wool in place while you dip the wool-covered soap in your basin of hot water.
- Begin to rub the wool, making sure it stays wet.
- Rub all sides of the wool-covered soap. It will start lathering (this helps the felting process)
- Keep rubbing until you feel the wool start to come together.
- If you want to add different colored strands of wool, wrap the strands around the soap and continue to dip into the warm water and rub until the wool is completely felted.
- Rinse the lather away and let the wool dry. As it dries it will shrink a bit to fit tightly around the bar of soap.