- 1/2 cup citric acid
1 cup baking soda
1/2 cup corn starch
1/3 cup Epsom Salt
- 2-3 TBSP Vegetable oil
3/4 TBSP water
1/4 teaspoon essential oil
Coloring of your choice
Bath Bomb Mold (found at crafting stores) - you can also use soap molds or chocolate/candy molds
- Blend the citric acid and baking soda – this step is super important – if you don’t blend well, you end up with a grainy bomb. You may want to sift the ingredients together to ensure a smoother texture.
- Once you’ve blended really well, add your colorant. Dry pigments work best – don’t add too much though
- In a separate container, mix wet ingredients
- Slowly drizzle the wet ingredients into the dry, stirring constantly to prevent a reaction from starting. Make sure you mix in all of the wet ingredients. The mixture will be somewhat crumbly.
- Pack the mixture into your mold – wait a few minutes and tap them out. Let them air dry for 3 or 4 hours. The harder you pack the bath bombs, the more dense, heavy, and durable bomb you will get.